Sunday, June 24, 2012

jax... hospital photos...

i thought that id share some of the worst photos of me ever.  in my entire life.  i dont know why i feel compelled to share these.... but you know...  here they are...  here i am at the hospital de santa maria maternity ICU.  i was admitted late thursday, may 3rd, and had my emergency c-section tuesday may 8th.  i was moved out of the ICU to the regular maternity ward for about 10 hours.  basically i was finally able to get up, walk around, pee in a toilet, brush my teeth at a sink, then i ate dinner and then got to bed, woke up and cried in pain for about 6 hours and then the baby was born via early AM surgery..  yeah.... it wasn't heartburn.  it was liver failure.  *sigh* i guess i should have stayed in the ICU??  

anyhow,  these are from friday, saturday and sunday....  i started epic rounds of steroids to help mature valentina's lungs, so you can see how i changed from "normal face jax" to "hulk jax" as my dear sweet love victor likes to describe the transformation...  thank you dear.... :P

the "ice pop" photo at the end was from sunday, may 6th, after i begged and begged for ice chips. i wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything the entire time in the ICU, as i had to be ready for emergency surgery at any point. i finally convinced the nurses and doctors that frozen sugar water wouldn't do any harm...   it was the most amazing ice pop of my life.  i would say "it was so delicious i could have died" but i nearly did.... so i guess we dont joke about that shizzah anymore.... : /   


jax

jax
hulk-jax
a rare smile... maybe i was happily eating my ice pop and
vic was content that he could make me feel better?
yes yes yes i think thats why he was smiling... 

hulk-jax and the central line in my neck

not pictured:  the epic black and blue and purple bruises on 
the tops of my hands, inner and outer wrists, and crook of my 
arms from all the collapsing veins during blood drawing.

if there is a photo of my left arm after my artery was nicked and
leaked, i could probably get free parking at this hospital for 
the rest of my LIFE.  my arm was BLACK from leaked blood 
for three weeks after i was finally discharged....

stats





best ice pop in the universe. 
oh my goodness i cant believe that is me...  and this was
after i was stabilized...  apparently i was worse before these
photos were taken... and i was stable enough to have the 
aforementioned best.ice.pop.ever. 
sweet husband of mine... never left my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment