Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3rd- 8 weeks old!

It is hard to believe it has been 8 weeks since Valentina was born... Time feels entirely suspended lately and while I feel so entirely exhausted all. the. time... I feel so calm and almost peaceful here at the hospital, watching my little girl grow bigger and stronger and healthier every day.

And she's pretty!! Of course I am so entirely biased, but Vivi-Boom-Boom now looks like a real baby these days, and her photos don't do her justice... She already has a killer personality budding, throwing pint sized tantrums when the nurses are late with her milk... Yesterday evening when I was diaper changing, she was gassy and started to fuss. Then she let out this huge (proportionally speaking) cry, and a nurse 5 babies away asked, "Is that VALENTINA?!" I massaged her tiny tummy and once her feeding tube was pumping that oh- so- sweet mama- milk, she was happy as a clam. Of course she was wide awake and I was super late to leave and risk epic Lisboa traffic .... But my baby was happy and ready to play...

8 weeks old and 1390 grams! That's 3 lbs 1 oz!!

Oh oh oh sweet baby!
Grow honey grow!!

(not our finest photo, but she is as snug as a bug in a rug!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment